Denver, Colorado, United States
BASIC PURPOSE AND FUNCTION:
Responsible for the maintenance of equipment at the Distribution Center. The essential job functions consist of constant lifting, walking, stooping, bending, and standing. Working environment may be wet, cold, freezing and/or may have sudden temperature changes. Repetitive lifting required. Weights vary depending on work assignments with a minimum of 50 lbs.
Requirements of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Experience or training in the maintenance field preferred.
- Possess a good background in electronics, plumbing, carpentry and general building repairs.
- Forklift and/or conveyor maintenance experience preferred.
- Must provide own tools.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Ability to do repetitious arm, wrist and hand movements required for maintenance and service procedures.
- Must be able to work with hands and arms overhead, and to work in or under the equipment.
- Requires manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance to work both at ground level and in high places to perform job duties.
- Ability to operate equipment such as maintenance related power equipment and hand tools, forklifts and pallet jacks and diagnostic equipment.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- Ability to learn and follow Company and Distribution Center policies regarding safe operation of forklifts and pallet jacks, maintenance related power equipment and hand tools.
- Ability to learn and follow Distribution Center paperwork policies and procedures encompassing Purchase Orders, Parts Requisitions and Inventory and Maintenance Orders.
- Ability to read and comprehend all labeling on hazardous materials and equipment in the facility.
- Exposures to potential hazards exist with respect to equipment and materials necessary to perform job functions. Potential exposure exists to high voltage current, welding equipment, vehicle and equipment lubricants and solvents. Noise exposure is within normal warehouse expectation.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all equipment is operating properly and safely.
- Perform periodic and general maintenance tasks and inspections throughout the facility as assigned and according to schedule. This includes hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing, carpentry, and building maintenance, major overhaul of equipment, fabrication of parts, air conditioning and heating system maintenance, adjustment, system design changes and calibration, and repair of electronic and pneumatic controls.
- Stay abreast of current technology in regards to job duties.
- Perform daily inspection of doors and dock plates, and all other building and support areas.
- Recognize problems and repair before breakdown occurs.
- Independently troubleshoot and repair problems using advanced skills including electronic repair.
- Repair racking as required. Repair or replace batteries and charges as needed. Replace damaged or burned out lighting fixtures.
- Maintain complete repair order records.