Denver, Colorado, United States
BASIC PURPOSE AND FUNCTION:
Drives a semi truck from the Safeway Denver Distribution Center to Albertsons and Safeway retail grocery stores to deliver product. Picks up backhaul from stores and returns to the Denver Distribution Center.
Requirements of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with a minimum of 1 year experience with some all-weather mountain driving experience.
- Must have a valid medical examiner certificate (ICC card).
- Excellent knowledge of driver safety regulations of CFR 49.
- Responsible for pre-trip inspections of trucks and trailers.
- Working knowledge and ability to use the onboard computer system to assist in tracking the load from start to destination.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Loads and secures product inside trailer.
- Drives an electric pallet jack.
- Unloads product pallets in staging area and/or appropriate cooler in store.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Courteous to store employees.
- Exhibits a strong team work ethic.
- Other duties as assigned.
The standard hourly rate for this position is $27.90 to $31.00 per hour. Rate will vary based on circumstances, including experience, qualifications, location and the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreement. Dependent on length of service and hours worked, benefits include, healthcare, sick pay, PTO/Vacation pay and retirement benefits (pension and/or 401k eligibility).
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER