Diesel Truck Mechanic
Denver, Colorado, United States
BASIC PURPOSE AND FUNCTION:
This job position is responsible for maintenance and repair of all fleet equipment.
As a $60B+ company with 2,200+ stores, 22 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants, we are one of the largest retailers in the United States. We reach over 34 million customers across our 20 well-known grocery brands. Across the nation, we are transforming the grocery industry through innovation and building a world-class supply chain.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail and we are looking for outstanding leaders to take us into the future. We provide our customers an easy, fun, and friendly shopping experience, both in our stores and online. This requires a talented team in our Distribution Centers to quickly and efficiently get the products to our stores and customers.
Requirements of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Thorough knowledge of tractor with heavy emphasis on maintenance and repair
- Previous experience as a Diesel Mechanic for tractors
- Computer skills a plus
- ASE Certifications a plus
- Welding Certified a plus
- Knowledge of ABS braking systems
- DOT inspection certificate preferred
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Class A or B CDL preferred
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on fleet vehicles
- Diagnose and Troubleshoot problems
- Repair equipment including air and hydraulic systems, drive train components
- Fabrication and welding of critical suspension and chassis components
- Ability to work with others
- Test drive repaired trucks to verify repair if needed
- Apply technical standards and professional judgment in making decisions
- Must have own basic tools
- Other duties as assigned.
The hourly rate for this position ranges from $22.33 to $31.90 per hour;ng rate will vary based on circumstances, including experience, qualifications, location and the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreement. Dependent on length of service and hours worked, benefits include, healthcare, sick pay, PTO/Vacation pay and retirement benefits (pension and/or 401k eligibility).
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER